Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Chris Albertson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to run ./Editor.py on the latest GRC SVN trunk on OSX
> 10.4.10 (checked out as of this morning).  I've used MacPorts to
> install python 2.5, python wx, python gtk2, and python xml (along
> with their dependencies, and all of the GNU Radio dependencies).
> When I run ./Editor.py, I get:
> ------
> cannot import name numbersink2  in Numerical Sink! -> continuing...
> Removing empty category "Custom"...
> <<< Welcome to GRC 0.69 >>>
>  >>> Error: Cannot load preferences file: "/Users/mlk/.grc.xml"
> Bus error

I think it is best to address the erors in order.  "bus error"
is surprising for an interpreted language but "Cannot load preferences
file: "/Users/mlk/.grc.xml" seems like it should be easy to address.
My gues the lack of a config file leaves some variables un-intialized
which leads to the bus error

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  address@hidden
  Office: 310-336-5189  address@hidden