Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:45:19 -0700

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:40:40PM -0400, Tim Meehan wrote:
> Make check does pass, and there appears to be QA code (qa_gr_fir_ccf.cc).  I
> am not sure that
> if the QA code actually gets called by a top level "make check"  If you
> would like me to look
> into it I can but I suspect whoever wrote the QA code originally could do it
> a lot faster than me:-)

Yes, it does get called at "make check" time.

FWIW, it's run by way of gnuradio-core/src/tests/test_all

It's possible that there's an alignment requirement that's not being
honored at runtime.  The low-level SSE code (fcomplex_dotprod_sse64.S)
requires that its input and taps be 16-byte aligned.  gr_fir_ccf_simd
allocates 16-byte aligned buffers for the relevant buffers, so it
should be working OK.   Perhaps one of you seeing the problem could
add an assert or two to confirm that the alignment is correct.

Eric