[Discuss-gnuradio] TV_RX anti-aliasing filter

From: Nirali Patel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TV_RX anti-aliasing filter
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:11:45 -0500 (CDT)

Hello everyone,

I am a new user and recently set up the USRP and TV_RX boards to receive FM
radio and now trying to take the dive into capturing HDTV. I had a basic, maybe
dumb question on the presence of a low pass filter before the A/D converter.
Does anyone know if the TV_RX board has an anti-aliasing low pass filter on it?
Or within the Microtune 4937 tuner module? I looked at the schematic for the
daughter board and the data sheet for 4937 but I am not sure if there is one.
The TV_RX I got has an IF frequency of 44MHz and I understand that
undersampling it at 64 Msps with the A/D converter causes it to fold to 20 MHz.
I wanted to know whether there is or there needs to be a low pass filter before
the A/D converter to suppress any energy in the lower frequencies before
sampling.

Thanks,
Nirali Patel
DSP Application Engineer