Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Bandwidth math

From: Jeffrey Karrels
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Bandwidth math
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:09:56 -0400

Thanks Eric. So my math was right. Yesterday I seemed to be having
issues because I was running out of memory. I since have upgraded
boxes.  Now I think I am down to 1 issue and I believe it is a basic
RF one that everyone is going to jump over me for!

Let me give a picture tutorial of my problem.

1) If I transmit a modulated signal with two additional signals mixed
with -400kHz and 400kHz, I get what I expected. (see image 400.png)

2) If I transmit a modulated signal with two additional signal mixed
with -400kHz and 800kHz, I get the +800kHz showing up with some
additional power down at  -1200kHz. (see image 800)

3) If I transmit... mixed with -400kHz and 1200kHz, I get something at
+ and - 1000kHz.
(see image 1200)

4) If I transmit... mixed with -400kHz and 1600kHz, I get the same as
#3.  (see image 1600).

 I was messing with samples per symbol, but it will not go any higher
than 7 without an error.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking or things to
try? Filters?

Thanks all for your help!
Jeff