[Discuss-gnuradio] different decimation rates on one USRP

From: Brent M. Ledvina
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] different decimation rates on one USRP
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:18:13 -0400

Hi,

I am running into a USB bandwidth issue. I'm sampling data simultaneously from 2 daughter boards at a decimation rate of 10. This produces 2*6.4 MS/s * 4 bytes/I and Q sample = 48 MB/s. My application requires one board to have a decimation rate of 10, but the other can have a decimation rate of ~30. My understanding of the USRP is that you cannot easily (i.e. in software) use different decimation rates for different daughter boards on the same USRP. My questions are: 1.) Is this easy to do at the FPGA level? 2.) Has anyone tried this before?

Regards,
Brent

Prof. Brent M. Ledvina
Assistant Professor
Space @ Virginia Tech
Wireless @ Virginia Tech
643 Whittemore Hall
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061
ph: 540.231.0656
Office Hours: M 1-2, T 1-3