[Discuss-gnuradio] How to implement an 802.11-like MAC protocol in GnuRa

From: hacper
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to implement an 802.11-like MAC protocol in GnuRadio?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:02:19 +0800 (CST)

Dear all:

    I want to implement an 802.11-like MAC protocol. However, from the
discussion of mail list, I know that the timing problem is the most critical
design issues. For example, it is difficult to send a CTS after only SIFS time
when a station receive RTS.

    Many people had implemented some prototypes of 802.11 protocol. For
example, BBN
(http://acert.ir.bbn.com/viewvc/adroitgrdevel/adroitgrdevel/gr-bbn/src/examples/)
 had shared the code of 802.11. However, the BBN's code seem only focus on
physical layer of IEEE 802.11 (coding and modulation).
The codes of MAC protocols seem to lack. Could you tell me where I can find the
contributions of IEEE 802.11 MAC protocol? If it is difficult to find, could
you tell me where I can find the instruction about how to implement an
802.11-like MAC protocol?

Thank you!!

Best Regard

Chung-Wei Wang