[Discuss-gnuradio] Artifacts from the USRP Digitizer

From: John Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Artifacts from the USRP Digitizer
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:09:55 -0700

To anyone using the following:

I'm using the USRP with a Microtune UHF band tuner.

What I see is that there is a significant artifact at 512 MHz, and a few more, but
another 'clear' artifact at 640 Mhz.

I believe these to be induced by the digitzing clock of 64 MHz.

However, since I avoid 'hardware' like the plague, if others have better explainations
and corrections I'd like to hear about them.

In terms of shielding, the Microtune module does seem to have shielding, however, on
the USRP board, I do not see much leading into the Analog Devices chips.

We are looking at very low signal levels, and so perhaps others have not seen these
artifacts, as they may be looking at much higher signal levels...

Thanks
John Clark.