[Discuss-gnuradio] Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform

From: Younghun Kim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:29:12 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to port GNURadio packages to arm-linux platform, and I
think I'm almost done since I cross-compiled most of necessary
libraries and binaries including GNURadio itself.

So, cross-compiled boost, swig, fftw3, and cppunit.

And then using this configuration of GNURadio

./configure --prefix=DESTINATION --host=arm-linux
--with-boost-include-dir=CROSSCOMPILEDBOOST
--with-cppunit=CROSSCOMPILEDCPPUNIT && make install

After fixing some minor error messages regarding lib directory and
include directory, I could have whole libraries and binaries for
that(I'd like to share this once I could have running GNURadio on the
gumstix platform)

Due to the limited memory capacity of the host platform, I had to use
CF memory. So I copies all libraries and binaries under "/mnt/cf/gnu"

And then, using "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/cf/gnu/lib" I set the
library path so that it could refer the libraries such as cppunit,
boost, fftw3, fftw3f and etc.

Well, so I finally meet this error
# python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, May  8 2007, 15:14:49)
[GCC 4.1.1] on linux2
>>> from gnuradio import gr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line 27, in ?
    from gnuradio_swig_python import *
  File "gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *
  File "gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py", line 6, in ?
    import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
ImportError: File not found

So, I'm suspecting this is because of lack of run-time library,
inappropriate library path setting and/or inappropriate symbolic
links.

Could anyone comment on this problem?
To resolve this problem, I need to know which libraries are required
for run-time at least.

Regards,
Younghun

--
Younghun Kim, GSR
Networked Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL)