[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on US digital cable ...

From: Vijay Ramasami
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on US digital cable ...
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:52:54 -0400

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the US digital cable system follow the DVB-C standard (or one
of its annexes) ? Is there any information (website) on the typical
symbol rates, bandwidths (I am guessing approx 6 MHz), used ?

2. Has anyone successfully captured (preferably unencrypted) digital
QAM transmissions using the USRP ? If so, can you please send me a
link to the data ? Given that the symbol rates are in the range of 5-6
Ms/s, it must be possible to use 16 MHz sampling frequency to
demodulate the signals.

Regards,
Vijay.