[Discuss-gnuradio] IF out on the DBS Rx

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IF out on the DBS Rx
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:55:11 -0400

So, I am thinking about building an adaptor card for the USRP (specifically for the DBS Rx daughtercard) that fits in between the daughtercard and the motherboard. I would like to pull the IF signal (right now I believe the default is 4MHz) at whatever that it is, and send it to another A/D card / preexisting eval board (via SMA). I don't believe this will be too difficult because the standard connectors on the motherboard to daughtercard would be easy enough to use as connector pieces, but I wanted to see if anyone can forsee any trouble on the horizon for this project. I would need to obviously consider impedence issues and possibly adding a few buffer amps to the adaptor card, but other than that I cannot think of why this wont work.

thanks for any input,

david scaperoth