Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Mac OSX Install Problem - Please help

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Mac OSX Install Problem - Please help
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:22:18 -0400

Jeffrey - I assume you're trying to compile for a MacOSX box, running 10.4.X, yes?

I can tell you that the latest SVN trunk does compile cleanly on my Intel-iMac running 10.4.10 & latest updated, XCode 2.4.1, and MacPorts as you mention in my install guide. It also works on my PPC- Macs, though those generally require a drop-in USB 2.0 (pc)card for accessing the USRP since most of the default PPC-hardware isn't particularly optimized for USB.

Just guessing, but it looks like you have the wrong version of autotools installed, and/or you don't have /opt/local/bin in your $PATH. For the former, running "port installed | grep auto" returns for me:

  autoconf @2.61_1 (active)
  automake @1.10_0 (active)

For the latter, running "printenv PATH" returns for me:

/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/ X11R6/bin

Note that /opt/local/bin needs to come before /usr/bin, which contains autoconf (2.59) and automake (1.6.3).

If you need more help on getting your OSX install running, I can do so off-list; if we discover anything useful, I'll report back to the list. - MLD