Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA Modifications for a Continuous Carrier?

From: Michael P Buettner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA Modifications for a Continuous Carrier?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

looked at a number of examples that have no overruns using the normal .rbf file, and when I swap in my .rbf the continuous overruns invariably result. It appears that no data is arriving at the host, and the received samples are stopped completely somewhere.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this would be happening? The only change I have made is that I now send something non-zero when the tx fifo is empty. I would expect the transmit and receive chain to be relatively separate. Particularly as I am using two daughterboards on one USRP, one is transmitting and one is receiving.

  Any insights or advice?  Thanks.

  Michael

 I seem to have jumped the gun a bit. I have the overrun problem whenever I
build the bit file.

Using the "std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf" file distributed with GSR, all is well. When I build my own
.rbf using Quartus II 7.1 Web Edition, I have the underrun problem.  I am using a fresh SVN check
out, and in the config.vh file for usrp_std the "common_config_2rxhb_2tx.vh" line is
uncommented.

   Has anyone else had this problem?  When building from usrp_std.v should I expect to
get the same .rbf as "std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf"? Maybe I am missing something...

  Any help would be appreciate.

  michael