Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Deeper story on FCC versus open source SDR

From: zuzu (sean)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Deeper story on FCC versus open source SDR
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:05:53 -0400

forgive my ignorance if this has already been discussed, but how much overlap of communication is actually occurring here (among the GNUradio / software defined radio / cognitive radio scene) with the Open Spectrum movement vis-a-vis Larry Lessig, David P. Reed, et. al.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_spectrum
http://www.greaterdemocracy.org/framing_openspectrum.html
http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/feature/2003/03/12/spectrum/index.html
http://www.reed.com/dprframeweb/dprframe.asp?section=openspec