Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] driver for ueidaq boards

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] driver for ueidaq boards
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:22:07 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

> How difficult do you think it would be to write the interface, based on
> the information I link to above? Is there a template I could use to look
> into writing it?

In two words, I'd describe it as "medium difficulty."  Their driver API
abstracts most of the gory hardware communication stuff, but it looks
like there is still a fair bit of function call/setup overhead and
memory management you'd have to do.

In terms of GNU Radio itself, a good template to start from is the
gr-comedi component.  If you rip out all the actual functionality there,
you're left with a skeleton for a top-level GNU Radio component that
links to a system supplied shared library.  It's not a perfect match but
if I were writing it that's where I would start.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC