Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Low cost, low power FPGA card

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Low cost, low power FPGA card
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:54:37 -0400

On 7/18/07, Kim Toms <address@hidden> wrote:
Arrow has designed a new demonstration card for the Cyclone III FGPA from
Altera.  I attended one of the seminars yesterday.  The board contains many
peripherals, an EP3C25F324 FPGA, 1Gb SD Card, 96x64 pixel bit mapped OLED
display, audio out, several LEDs, buttons,  32Mb CFI Parrallel Flash, 8Mbyte
cellular RAM, USB connector, User digital I/O and analog inputs routed to a
LTC1863LCGN (200 Ksps 16 bit 89 dB ADC)

Just as a resource to link to:

http://www.altera.com/products/devices/cyclone3/design/cy3-design-resources.html#devkit

It also looks like they will have a 3C120 DSP-centric development kit
which will have some quicker ADCs and DACs as the page mentions.  If
it's the same price of their other DSP-centric Cyclone board
offerings, it will cost ~$1k and come with a seat of Quartus II.

Moreover, just as a reference, the next USRP that Matt is working on
seems to be using the Xilinx Spartan3(E?) series of FPGAs.

Brian