Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Storing A/D samples in memory.........

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Storing A/D samples in memory.........
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:07:22 -0400

On Jul 18, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Kshitij Kumar Singh wrote:

As a part of some research work on cooperative communications in wireless networks, I had decided to use the USRP as one the of my implementation platforms. I used the tutorials by D. Shen as a reference. There are, however , some specific problems I need help with : ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------- I need to store the received signal A/D samples (before all the post-demod processing stuff takes place) in memory and to correlate them with similar samples stored somewhere else in memory.

do you want the raw A/D samples? this would have to be a hardware solution (pinout to the FPGA). However, If you just want the samples that are coming across the USB (these samples have been decimated and filtered) , then you can do a simple write to a file

fg = gr.flow_graph()

src = usrp.souce()
snk = gr.file_sink_c(...)

fg.connect(src,snk)

then you can do what you want with the data offline

Once this initial processing is done, I can move on to the demod part. The sample storage/correlation part is where I am getting stuck time and again. Is there some specific block I am going to need or do I need to write my own signal processing block from scratch? I tried looking in the mailing list archives but couldn't find anything similar. Kindly point to any suitable reference on this topic I may have overlooked.