Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question about configuration

From: Tom O
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question about configuration
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

Dong Li wrote:
> found four of them can't pass the configuration checks:
> gr-audio-jack
> gr-audio-osx
> gr-audio-portaudio
> gr-audio-windows

You only need these modules if you plan to be using your sound card with
signal processing. The specific configuration errors might tell us more
about what problems you have compiling, but unless you're planning on
building a sound-based application you don't need them.

- -Dan

I installed portaudio, portaudio-devel, jack-devel, and audiofile-devel
packages.
As a result, I did get gr-audio-jack to install.  The other 3 still will not
install.  For ./configure issues, looking at the generated config.log file
helps alot.  In my config.log I get:

configure:32767: result: gr-audio-osx requires darwin or MacOS X.
configure:32786: checking AudioUnit/AudioUnit.h usability
configure:32803: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -pthread  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:134:33: error: AudioUnit/AudioUnit.h: No such file or directory
   .
   .
configure:32932: result: gr-audio-osx requires AudioUnit/AudioUnit.h, which
is available on MacOS X.
configure:32954: checking AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h usability
configure:32971: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -pthread  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:134:39: error: AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h: No such file or
directory

So far I cannot find an AudioUnit or AudioToolbox or any packages that will
help.  Maybe because of the MacOS X comment?

-Tom