[Discuss-gnuradio] transmitting I and Q signal

From: Meenaktchi Venkatachalam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] transmitting I and Q signal
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:50:17 -0700

Hi,

I was trying to transmit I and Q signal at 2.4GHz using:  gr.file_source(complex) -> usrp.sink_c
and recieve them on another USRP board. But I do not recieve anything at the 2.4GHz. I got the I and Q signals using the usrp_rx_cfile.py.

I have tried the binary file obtained from usrp_rx_cfile.py to be the source file. I extracted the I and Q values from the binary file into a .dat file in the complex form (x+iy) and also just as floats (like 'x y', where x is real and y is img) and tried to transmit it. In any case, I do not recieve anything on the other USRP setup. What should be source file format for: gr.file_source(complex) -> usrp.sink_c  ?

Thanks
Meenaktchi