[Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11b Headers

From: Teun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11b Headers
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:51:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks for all the help you have been giving me, it was really
helpful for me to understand the  USRP / GNU Radio package.

I'm hoping someone from the BBN group is reading this, or anyone else who
has an idea.
Within our research group we are interested in decoding 11b/(g?) packet
headers. I have installed the 802.11 BBN code, which runs really good. Even
when I compare it to my laptop, equipped with a packet sniffer, the detected
packets match perfectly. However, the code decodes packets with a data rate
of 1Mbit and occasionally a 2Mbit packets due to the USB limitations. We
would like to detect "all" packets, at least their headers containing the
useful information. Header files use a low modulation type, so I think we
should always be able to capture the header of a packet. Does anyone see any
difficulties in doing so?

Any comments are really useful.

Thanks again,

Teun