Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: reporting control/status responses for inband

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: reporting control/status responses for inband signaling?
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:41:52 -0400

On 6/28/07, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm beginning to think that the response should be sent back on the TX
port the command was sent on... because what happens when an application
owns more than 1 RX channel?  Even if we went by owner, the application
doesn't exactly know which RX port it will come over unless it
explicitly states it.

Can the TX port actually explicitly tell the usrp_server to send a
response to a specific channel that is owned by the same application?

Should it be expected that transmit blocks get responses back on
certain packets but not others?

I am not sure I know enough about the mblock implementation to really
be useful at this point - I am sorry. :(

Your suggestion sounds feasible - but, as I noted earlier, should we
be thinking of these blocks as flows in one direction?  If so, then
the TX may want to be able to specify which RX responses should go to,
right?

Brian