Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile problem (libusb on FreeBSD)

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile problem (libusb on FreeBSD)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:25:48 +0930

On Thursday 21 June 2007 12:06, Adam Skelton wrote:
> I'm trying to build gnu radio on FreeBSD. It will go through the
> basic configure but dies when I force it to build usrp, because
> it says it can't find the library containing usb_bulk_write. But
> I have libusb in /usr/local/lib and strings says it has
> usb_bulk_write, and the function prototype is in /usr/local/
> include/usb.h. All help is appreciated. How do I check to see
> which library file it is reading, or how it goes about
> determining this. I glanced at the configure script but it's a
> little over my head.

You didn't say what you tried, however I would suggest running configure like
so will work..

env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure ...

This tells configure to look in the right place for include files and
libraries when doing its tests (and passes that info on to the Makefile)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum