[Discuss-gnuradio] Different frequencies for TX/RX and RX2 port on RFX24

From: Tarun Tiwari
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Different frequencies for TX/RX and RX2 port on RFX2400
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:45:05 -0500

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone can give me little bit of information about the clocks for TX/RX & RX2 antenna port on RFX2400.

My questions are related to simultaneous transmission using TX/RX and reception using RX2, so my transmit and receive frequencies have to be different on the transciever board ( please correct if I am wrong). So, I need to know some basics of RFX2400 antenna port operation.

Do we have different frequency generator circuits for these two ports or single circuit used for both?

Now when I read the mail from Matt ( http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-07/msg00035.html ), what I see that there is a clock line difference of around 1 cm. So, if I have two different frequency generator circuits for TX/RX & RX2 ports, then do we still get this clock line difference? (by chance, I am not a microelectronics guy and so, I dont understand the meaning of clock line difference and its effect, therefore, I would like to know about it in brief)

Or, if we have only one frequency generator circuit then can we control the different frequencies on these two antenna ports simultaneously? If yes, then can you please refere me some documents/codes/examples, so that I can understand the use of it? If not, then is it done in sequential manner or some priority based scheduling?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tarun