[Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Error in Python from Trunk Build

From: John Stralka
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Error in Python from Trunk Build
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 07:52:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am running Feisty Fawn Ubuntu.  I downloaded, built, and installed the GNU
Radio via the trunk following the build directions for Feisty on
"http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall";.  As directed, I used the Ubuntu
version of swig since I'm using Feisty.  Everything seemed to go ok.  My USRP
is recognized via USB.  I'm also able to run "test_usrp_standard_tx" and
"test_usrp_standard_rx" from "usrp/host/apps".  However, when I attempt to run
"benchmark_usb.py" from "gnuradio-examples/python/usrp" I get the following
errors:

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$ ./benchmark_usb.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 30, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line
27, in <module>
    from gnuradio_swig_python import *
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py",
line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py",
 line 6, in <module>
    import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
ImportError: libgnuradio-core.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Am I missing something during the build?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

Never miss an email again!