Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPM timing recovery

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPM timing recovery
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:43:56 -0400

The point where theory meets practice is what makes engineering fun.

If when you say "Nothing that modulates data has constant envelope"

you mean it in the same sense that passbands are never truly flat and bit error rates are never 0, then I agree with you.   But I claim that a received CPM signal has constant envelope to within some small tollerence, and I would argue 1% type numbers for magnitude variation are not out of the question.

Tim