Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of blocks in a burst over USB

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of blocks in a burst over USB
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:47:44 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:

> What do you mean by "lock up"?
Mouse, keyboard, whole computer becomes unresponsive *completely*

> Is it burning CPU cycles?
It does for about a second or two, and then becomes unresponsive to everything
on 2 of the
machines, only stuttered mouse movement on a third machine.

> Have you tried running it under gdb?

Under gdb it gets to writing the vendor extension command to the USRP, found in
write_cmd() of usrp_prims.cc ... and right when it executes usb_control_msg()
in this
method is when the machine goes downhill and never returns.

> Don't enable real-time until you get this sorted out.

Definitely.

test_usrp_basic_rx in the usrp/host/apps/ directory works fine for me.  I do
not see
anything different from the construction of the RX side other than the xfer USB
block size
and number of blocks to allocate.

- George