Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX

From: Ben Loftin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:09:00 -0700

Chris,

I have successfully done coarse acquisition using the correlator developed
here,

https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~icarroll/SoftwareGPSCorrelator/index.cgi/wiki

A plot of the 'acquisition' is here

http://64.6.242.226/grblog/uploaded_images/sat_18-714418.png

for satellite PRN 18 with a code offset of 1988 as shown by the 'spike'.  The
gain for the dbsrx was 86 dB while using an active external antenna to get 28
dB more of gain.  More details on my blog,

http://64.6.242.226/grblog/grblog.html

Not sure if I will have a link to the sample data because it is almost 2 GB
compressed, yikes!  If you know how to break up the data let me know and I will
upload just the begininning of the file, since it is just over a minute of
data.

Ben