Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with messages and msg_queue

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with messages and msg_queue
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:02:21 +0200

2007/5/10, Eric Blossom <address@hidden>:
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:24:04AM +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:

> Ok, I read from pkt.py that to finish a packet, I just append
> gr.message(1) at the tail of the message queue, but is there a simple
> way to do this if I just want to send packet of fixed size, where the
> payload comes from a flow graph?

Hi Trond,

The gr.message(1) isn't to end a packet, it's to tell the scheduler
that there's no more data coming.

I'm not exactly sure I'm following what you are trying to do.
However, I think that if you follow through the logic in
gnuradio-examples/python/digital/tunnel.py you'll see a way to send
and receive packets (fixed or variable length) between python and the
flow graph.

Eric

Okay, I will try to describe my problem a little better. I have a
block that estimates some properties on a received signal: Frequency
and phase. Lets call the block acquisition. The acquisition block
outputs the estimates at 1kHz. Now what I want to do is grab these
estimates and use them to update the center frequency and code delay
in another block, lets call it tracking :).

I have tried to use probe_signal_f, but this does not work because the
acquisition and tracking block must be synchronized.

--
Trond Danielsen