[Discuss-gnuradio] dvb-t inner interleaver

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dvb-t inner interleaver
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:20:23 +0200

hi everybody,
so far I'm working upon a GNURadio implementation of one of the functional block of the DVB-t standard, the "Inner interleaver",

my trouble in this moment is that such functional block needs to perform a permutation on a 1512-bits length chunk:

i've tried to modify the step of this loop, this way:

STEP=1512;

for (int i= 0, i<= noutput_items, i+=STEP)

for (int w= 0, w<= 1511, w+=1) out[i+w]=..

but this doesn't seem to work properly. ( I guess because I'm trying to reference items too far away from my current position in  the stream).

another thing i've tried is:

for (int i= 0, i<= noutput_items, i+=1)

for (int w= 0, w<= 1511, w+=1) out[1512*i+w]=...

but this even segfaults at runtine.

which is the wise way I should do interleaving on such big chunks in GNURadio?

thank you guys,
and best regards

--
Vincenzo Pellegrini