[Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK minimum bitrate

From: Håvard Espeland
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK minimum bitrate
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:49:30 +0200

We're writing a gmsk radio module with low bitrate (<5 kbps) and
continuous constant bitrate transmission using Gnuradio 3.0.3 and USRP.
The code is based on the digital/tx_voice.py example, and I have two
unanswered questions.

By hacking on the example, pick_bitrate fails to return a lower bitrate
than 35.714kb/sec. Is it possible to support a precisely defined lower
bitrate, or is there a technical limitation?

Another issue is underflow handling. Is there a way to gracefully
detect and handle underflow if the producer (codec) lacks behind or
stops? If unhandled, we would loose syncronization with the receiver.

--
Håvard Espeland