Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui configuring?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui configuring?
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 22:25:38 -0400

My bad ... RTF Readme file that goes along with gr-qtgui! Requires qwt >= 5.0.0 ! Ububtu Edgy can install QWT 4.2, but no greater ... doh!

Can we check for this in the m4 file somehow (the QT version is already checked for, so why not also QWT?)?

QWT version is found in the file qwt_global.h, under the name QWT_VERSION. Looks like there's no pkgconfig file for qwt installed by default, but there is one at <http://n4hy.org/Qwt/qwt.pc> that could be copied in separately. If we want to require the installation of 'qwt.pc', then something can be added to the "grc_gr_qtgui.m4" script along the lines of:

    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QWT, qwt >= 5.0.0,[],
    [passed=no;AC_MSG_RESULT([gr-qtgui requires libqwt >= 5.0.0.])])

If not using 'qwt.pc', then I'd suggest adding to the "gr_qwt.m4" script something along the lines of:

    AC_TRY_LINK([#include <qwt_global.h>],
                [#if QWT_VERSION < 0x050000 foo #endif],
                [],
[libqwt_ok=no;AC_MSG_RESULT([QWT library version must be at least 5.0.0])]
    )

Or maybe trying both (along the lines of first searching for libqt, then libqt-mt) ... with the PKG_CHECK first trying as written, then a backup to trying the "gr_qwt.m4" with the addition above. I don't have time to try these out tonight, but can do so tomorrow or Monday unless someone else wants to. - MLD