[Discuss-gnuradio] mean value block

From: konvak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] mean value block
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:05:43 +0200

hi all,
I would be interested in getting and displaying some statistical information (mean, variance...) about received signal (let's say for educational purposes to try to determine what kind of modulation I am receiving). Is there any way to get let's say the mean value of the signal without writing a new block. The only thing I came across is gr.probe_signal_f() to get the value of the signal. Is it possible to get _every_ sample with this, somehow I don't think it would work. So do I really need a new block?

thanks for any suggestions and help,
tomas