Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't Compile

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't Compile
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:11:23 +0100

2007/3/23, Kerry Miller <address@hidden>:
I recently became aware of gnuradio. I run Fedora Core 5 Linux. I
downloaded the gnuradio software and got this message:

checking for fftw3f >= 3.0... Package fftw3f was not found in the
pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`fftw3f.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package
'fftw3f' found

configure: error: Library requirements (fftw3f >= 3.0) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are
in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

My assumption is this is a library needed by the gnuradio software. I
have done some searching of my system and the file does not appear to be
on my system. Not just where your configure can't find it.

Where do I find it? And how do I install it?

You need to add the devel files by running "yum install fftw-devel".
Everything is described on the wiki:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FC5Install

If you want to use the USRP, you also need sdcc, which unfortunately
is not available for FC5 (my fault :( ). But it is very simple to
rebuild the src.rpm for fc5; if you need help with this, just contact
me off the list, and I will send you the instructions.

--
Trond Danielsen