Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:01:12 -0400

On 3/20/07, Thibaud Hottelier <address@hidden> wrote:
About the pulling/pushing thing: I though that I would have one process
in the usb block writing the usb_fifo data on the bus and one other
process in the channel block that would read them from the bus and store
them. This is neither pulling nor pushing right ? Can I do this with one
single process ?

I am not really sure I understand what your process does, but the way
I had thought about it was like this.

process( Read and Distribute Packets ) {
   if the incoming FIFO has data in it loop
       if channel == command then
           write command information to command sequencer
       else /* must be data */
           write data information to channel sequencer
       end if
   end loop
}

In this process, anything coming into the USB FIFO that has either the
channel or the data endpoint as a target will then "push" that data
into those sequences.

Does that make sense?

Thibaud

Brian