Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 success with audio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 success with audio
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:19:36 -0500

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 08:15:47PM -0500, Robert McGwier wrote:
We definitely have work to do. Portaudio is the ONLY thing I can get to work the PS3 sound system but not in gnuradio.

The pieces in the bin directory for testing portaudio that open the sink only work. I can produce tones, hundreds of tones, do latency tests, etc.

gr-audio-XXX fails in all cases, including gr-audio-portaudio.

I do not believe this is a python issue but I am unsure. The error message is a bit strange.

If you download the svn for portaudio, and do configure; make; sudo make install, it puts the portaudio-2.0.pc in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig unless you specify another prefix. Portaudio is working on the ps3 and the files in bin that begin patest_(produce a sinusoid of some type) make tones and work.

Bob

Given that the Python stuff is still broken on PS3, I'm not surprised
than gr-audio-* doesn't work.

Just let me say that I am not certain this is a python error but until make check works, I cannot easily rule it out. Portaudio definitely works on the PS3 so we will have audio when we get stuff rolling.

Eric

Thanks,
Bob

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine