[Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 6 on PS3

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 6 on PS3
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:59:39 -0500

Alright, I've got my PS3 in my lab all set up with Fedora Core 6 (I
know, Bob, you told me to go with YDL, but I needed to play around
first). The installation went swimmingly until I tried to run a GNU
Radio app.

I first tried some audio components, but it was having a hard time with
the audio card. I'm ignoring that and just want to prove I can get a
basic flow graph running. So I tried usrp_siggen.py, which lead to a
segmentation fault.

A little digging showed that it occurs in basic_flow_graph.py in the
method _check_type_match when creating the connections. It seems it
doesn't like:
src_size = src_sig.sizeof_stream_item (src_endpoint.port)

Some more digging showed that the d_sizeof_stream_item vector gets the
correct information pushed into it, but when it's read back out, it
looks like the value is just random data in memory.

On the other hand, I ran a test using the new hier_block2's, and it
works just fine.

So a few of questions:
1. Anyone run Fedora Core 6 successfully?
2. Should I try to use Fedora Core 5? (I have the ISO downloaded and
waiting)
3. Is there a fix for this issue that someone can help me figure out?
4. Should I just stick with hier_block2 graphs and force myself to
rewrite a number of the example codes with them?

Thanks,
Tom