[Discuss-gnuradio] Have USRP, will travel to SWL Fest

From: Eric A. Cottrell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Have USRP, will travel to SWL Fest
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:34:58 -0500

Hello,

Tuesday I am heading off to the biggest pencil in the world for the
Winter SWL Fest in Kulpsville.  I am going to do some informal demos of
the USRP and GNURadio.  They have a digital radio table in an exhibit
room where they demo DRM.  This year they want to do some demos of HD
Radio and Internet Radio.  I am thinking of showing RDS (RDBS) and SCA
decoders.  Hopefully next year I can actually do a talk on SDR.

Although this gathering is somewhat informal, they had some good talks
on DRM , SDR, and the dreaded BPL.  The focus is on Shortwave but there
are also some VHF/UHF and Free-To-Air Satellite talks and demos.  This
is the 20th fest so they are doing something right.  http://www.swlfest.com/

I am also going to bring my Radio Shack HD radio which is also a SDR.
The AM/FM signal is converted to 10.7 MHz and goes to a DDC.  The DDC
converts it to baseband for a TI DSP chip that does both analog and IBOC
decoding.  Thanks to USRP and GNURadio I understand how it is done.  The
Sangean HDT-1 also uses a similar module.

73 Eric