Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding programming the fpga

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding programming the fpga
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:22:36 -0800

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 07:16:49AM -0800, Kuntal Majumdar wrote:

> First of all, thanks a lot Eric for  last  piece of advice, it helped a lot.
>

> But it still did not clarify me completely.  I am a complete novice
> to the USRP, having got it a few days back. Ok, continuing with my
> last topic, can you please tell me how do I program the fpga
> specifically as a counter? I mean, I just wanted to know the steps
> involved in the process, like generating the .rbf files. I am
> currently working on Quartus II Web Edition v6.1.  Upon doing this,
> how can I read the data being generated by the fpga and display it
> in the time domain. Also, how do I do the pin assignment for the
> fpga? Clarification of these basic doubts would do a world of good
> to my project.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
> Kuntal Majumdar

Regardling build code for the FPGA, I think that the fastest path to
enlightenment would be to spend some time with the Quartus II manuals,
and to look at the project files in usrp/toplevel/usrp_std

Regarding verilog programming in general, please try google.  There
are many many tutorials on the web.

Eric