RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM PHY (802.11) ?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM PHY (802.11) ?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:09:32 -0500

Shravan,

The OFDM code we're working on here is not specific to any standard. It is a
general modulator and demodulator for people to work with (later, once we
get some things worked out) and implement their own specific needs.

And just to point it out again, you're going to have a very difficult time
doing 802.11g in the current state with the bandwidth limitations. If you
are just looking to implement the way 802.11g is done, but not for use with
an actual commercial system, then great; hopefully, this OFDM code will give
you a good place to start.

Tom