Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:27:47 -0800

address@hidden wrote:

> I'm pretty new to gnu radio and I want to transmit an OFDM signal
> using different modulation types (BPSK, QPSK, and 64-QAM).  The
> concept is pretty simple: read data, map it to a specified
> constellation map, and then send it through an IFFT.  I don't know if
> this code already exists but I could use some help.

There is work underway in this area to create a parameterized OFDM
modulator/demodulator pair, but it is incomplete and not yet merged into
the trunk.  You can see the code in:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches/developers/n4hy/ofdm2/gnuradio-examples/python/ofdm

These examples depend on C++ elsewhere in the tree in this developer
branch so they won't run as-is. You can, however, see how the transmit
path is put together.

By the way, you're right--the modulator is the easy part.  It's the
receiver synchronization that always turns out to be the black magic
part. (Why is this always glossed over? :-)

Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC
http://corganenterprises.com