[Discuss-gnuradio] Hard Disk Bottleneck

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hard Disk Bottleneck
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:11:48 +0100

Hi everybody,

just a quick question: has anybody managed so far to provide the usrp
with the 8 Complex Msps needed to transmit an 8 MHz wide band?

My problem is that such a bandwidth yields a 32MiBps throughput and,
even if the USB2 bus and the CPU speed of my machine are all right with
this, it looks like my IDE HARD DISK cannot provide such a data rate.

Can anyone please confirm whether he's been successful in something
similar, and, if so, with what kind of HD?

thanks

vincenzo