[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [dttsp-linux] dttsp-ps3

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [dttsp-linux] dttsp-ps3
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 01:50:06 -0500

Both dttsp and gnuradio build on the PS3. I managed to get everything to install. As I have always found with redhat/fedora installations, what is absolutely seamless and without peer in Ubuntu is a royal pain in the derriere with Fedora. I had to add all of the PYTHONPATH, etc. as usual and I had to roust about on the internet for ppc rpm's to install wxGTK and wxPython since I was absolutely determined not to have to build them.

The audio system on the PS3 with Fedora and Alsa is a little odd. I am unable to address /dev/dsp in any meaningful way. Portaudio correctly calls the devices (running pa_devs) but all of the examples fail in gnuradio-example/python/audio. I modified several to attempt portaudio and that failed.

Make check failed in many places with a segmentation fault in run_tests.sh

The build is slow because of the small memory so it would be nice to be able to push off the component build to a remoted machine.

I will attempt to hook up my Extigy (USB) to see if that gives any joy tomorrow.

I went from new toy to Fedora core 5 compiling jack, dttsp, and gnuradio in a week. We can do business with this. They are available in numbers (at $599) at my local target and walmart.

Bob

Frank Brickle wrote:
You're building gnuradio right now?

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine