Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using 2 USRP on same PC with Benchmark_Tx and Ben

From: Dan Halperin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using 2 USRP on same PC with Benchmark_Tx and Benchmark_Rx program
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:23:27 -0800

nilay shah wrote:
> As my first test, I am trying to do connect 2 USRP board on same PC
> with 2400 Flex daugterboard and trying to do communication with
> scripts provided in GNU Radio distribution under digital folder.
>
> I am trying to modify Benchmark_Tx and Benchmark_Rx program scripts
> for that purpose to select right USRP for rx and tx. But i have
> trouble doing it.
>
> I am not able to find constructor ( May be my unfamilariaty with GNU
> Radio is causing this) where i can specify this.
The actual constructors for the USRP source_c and sink_c are in
receive_path.py and transmit_path.py, respectively.

In receive_path.py,

    def _setup_usrp_source(self):
        self.u = usrp.source_c (fusb_block_size=self._fusb_block_size,
                                fusb_nblocks=self._fusb_nblocks)

Change the line to

        self.u = usrp.source_c (fusb_block_size=self._fusb_block_size,
                                fusb_nblocks=self._fusb_nblocks, which=0)

or

        self.u = usrp.source_c (fusb_block_size=self._fusb_block_size,
                                fusb_nblocks=self._fusb_nblocks, which=1)

Similar logic applies to transmit_path.py

--Dan