Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X compilation errors

From: StormsShadow Silverlight
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X compilation errors
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:39:18 -0500

The hardware is a PPC Mac Mini, 1.42 GHz G4.  It's running 10.4.8.
The XCode build is...actually 2.1 rather than 2.4.1, now that I look
at it.  Let's upgrade that.

...And now it works!  Splendid!  What a stupid thing to miss.  Thanks
a ton for pointing this out; otherwise I would have been confused for
quite a while.

--Illix

On 1/16/07, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jan 16, 2007, at 11:25 AM, StormsShadow Silverlight wrote:
> It's GCC version 3.3, Apple build 1809, and I'm pretty sure it's the
> version provided by XCode (this dev environment was set up by another
> and I can't speak to what they may or may not have compiled).

Illix - Quite strange.  What hardware / OSX / XCode versions are you
compiling under?  I will try compiling from a fresh checkout from SVN
to see if I get this or not ... on both a PPC and Intel-Mac running
10.4.8 and the latest XCode (I assume these are you conditions as
well?).

Important for MacOS X are (1) how you installed the required
background libraries and such ... from DarwinPorts, Fink, source,
whatever? and (2) your shell environment (e.g. from "printenv", if
you feel OK passing that on for a quick review).

If you're using a current (from mid-December 2006 to current)
DarwinPorts install, then that can mess things up a bit for Python-
related stuff (though it shouldn't make a difference for the USRP
module) since they're transitioning from Python 2.4 to 2.5 and thus
different ports are under different Python installs ... quite a PITA
IMHO. - MLD