[Discuss-gnuradio] Heard FM on the basic RX hooray!

From: M. Ranganathan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Heard FM on the basic RX hooray!
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:35:10 -0500

After some (perhaps needless) struggle I am happy to report I finally got to listen to some FM stations using the basic Rx. Some tips for the wary newcomer:

1. Dont try to build wxPython. It requires an act of God to get all the pieces together to make that happen. Instead install from the binary that you can get from wxPython.org. 2. You are best off inserting a wire into the connector for the Antenna. Radio shack does not cary a suitable antenna that fits into the connector. 3. You dont need anything more than a long wire as an "RF Front End" to just fiddle around and get some FM reception.

So it actually works! That was the point of the exercise. I have the worlds most expensive FM radio finally (for the quality of sound I get from it anyway -- no this is not a complaint). I will now proceed to figure out the various pieces that make this all work.

Rock and roll!