Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Ubuntu 6.10

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Ubuntu 6.10
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:52:26 -0800

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 19:44 -0800, Mike Goldberg wrote:

> address@hidden:~/gnuradio$ ./bootstrap
> /usr/share/aclocal/jmax.m4:128: warning: underquoted
> definition of AC_CHECK_JMAX_VERSION
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

> Is there something that I am doing wrong? Any info
> would be greatly appreciated.

These messages are almost always harmless.  It looks like bootstrap is
finishing ok otherwise--have you gone ahead and tried finishing the
install/compile?

If it *really* bothers you, you can edit the /usr/share/aclocal/jmax.m4
file (as root).  You'll see near the top an AC_DEFUN(xxx, ...) where
'xxx' is a macro name and '...' is all the rest of the line before the
final parens.  Just put make this '[xxx]' by adding the brackets (don't
put in the single quotes).  This change, however, will get overwritten
the next time that package gets updated, until the author of the package
fixes it.

--
Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO
Corgan Enterprises LLC