[Discuss-gnuradio] Down Conversion on USRP

From: science quest
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Down Conversion on USRP
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 21:25:43 -0600

Hi all
            Newbie here. I am using FLEX 2400 daughterboard with USRP. On the exploring GNUradio web page it is mentioned under the title "what goes in FPGA" that there is a NCO and Decimation filter in FPGA. I did  a quick scan of the FLEX 2400 receive schematic and it appears to me that it is a direct conversion receiver. So if it is a direct conversion receiver with the demodulation and filtering bringing the signal to baseband, why do we need the NCO and Decimation filter in the FPGA? Please correct me if I have interpreted this incorrectly.

Thank you
SQ