[Discuss-gnuradio] AOR 5000 as front end to USRP

From: Eric A. Cottrell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AOR 5000 as front end to USRP
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:51:57 -0500

Hello,

Does anyone use a AOR 5000 as a front end for the USRP?  The docs for
the USRP say that it is not very sensitive but I thought the IF Output
from a AOR 5000 could drive it.  It seems to work for strong signals but
I am getting the impression that a 10 dB or so amplifier would improve
the situation.  Is there a difference between the Basic Rx and the LFRX
board?  I have the LFRX board.  Is it better to drive the LFRX single
ended into one input or differential with the A and B inputs?

73 Eric