Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no green snake

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no green snake
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:47:49 -0500

----- Original Message -----

Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going smoothly until hitting wxPython.  I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.

The instructions in the wiki are for 2.6.3.3.  Apparently some things have changed.

Some observations:

1)       the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

2)       the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag BUILD_AUTOMATE.

3)       Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py  could not import stc.

I checked and stc.py is in the location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Clues?

In 2.6.3.3, building stc is a separate step, listed as optional in the wiki instructions, and not required to run the demo.  You might try doing a "make" in contrib/src/stc after step (6) and repeat steps (11) and (12) without the BUILD_STC=0 flags.

You may find that you have enough to run GNU Radio, but having the demo available is really helpful if you want to do any programming with wxPython.

Thank you for pointing out the problems with the wiki instructions; I will plan on fixing them after Christmas.  Let us know if you get it working or have further information.

-- Don Ward