Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRPs same machine

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRPs same machine
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:58:57 -0800

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 05:57:10PM -0800, Dan Halperin wrote:
> Dan Halperin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to use two USRPs on the same machine? I'm having trouble
> > finding in the USRP constructors (python or C) where you tell it which
> > board to use if it finds multiple.
> >
> Ok, so this question was in fact as stupid as I thought it might be. The
>
> parameter which_board does in fact control which USRP is chosen.
>
> The list of USRPs seems to be a stack, at least in Python (most recently
> connected is number 0). Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>
> -Dan

I'm not sure about the order.  It's in the order that libusb presents
them to us (this could also very from OS to OS).  However, if you care
about which is which, after loading the firmware into them you can
check each board's serial number.

FWIW, you can fetch the serial number:

  which = ...

  u = usrp.source_c(which)
  s = u.serial_number()     # s is a string

Eric