Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libtool/gcc iproblems

From: Newell Jensen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libtool/gcc iproblems
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:42:21 -0800

Eric,

I have been searching this out.  I looked in the libstdc++ packages that I have installed and none of them had a libstdc++.la file.  So I found this on the novell bugzilla site:

Component: Development
AssignedTo: address@hidden
ReportedBy: address@hidden
QAContact: address@hidden

Hi,

I've just tried to built KDE 3.5 from sources and noticed, that at least the
following .la files are missing:
/usr/lib64/libexpat.la
/usr/lib64/libstdc++.la
/usr/lib64/libjeg.la

Any chance, that those get into the devel packages?

Regards,
Stefan

address@hidden changed:

What |Removed |Added
Status|NEW |RESOLVED
Resolution| |WONTFIX

------- Comment #1 from address@hidden 2006-11-24 07:32 MST -------
No. These have been removed on purpose. Libstdc++.la for instance has been
removed as it is the compilers task to link in the necessary C++ runtime
libraries.

la files aren't needed and have been an endless source of problems and
nuisances.

So what should be done now?  I am curious what I should do.  Thanks

Newell